Just in time for Valentines day I was inspired to make a nice surf and turf dinner. For the turf part I made Crab Imperial which I had never had before. This is a quick and very easy recipe to make. And anyone who knows me, knows the quicker and easier to make the better.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat (or lump) (make sure to double check that all shells have been removed)
- ½ cup Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Mix mayonnaise, egg, sugar, old bay, lemon juice and parsley together and blend well, this is your imperial sauce.
- Gently fold crab meat into imperial sauce, being careful not to break up crab meat.
- place portions in baking dish using ramekins or small casserole dishes. Since I did not have ramekins or a small enough casserole dish I decided to use this muffin tin which made perfect individual sized servings.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes (top will turn golden brown)
- Allow to cool just a few minutes before serving, it will set and be more flavorful as it cools slightly.
This came out wonderfully well and very delicious.
Until next time enjoy and keep cooking.